Our instructors are qualified, energetic, passionate, positive people who love to introduce children to and lead them through the world of martial arts.
Masters Tim and Cathlene Cook
- 15 Years Martial Arts Experience
- Kukkiwon Certifications Seoul, Korea
- Certified Black Belt Instructors in good standing: ICHF & ITA
- Experience teaching children and teens with ADD, ADHD, Autism, & Other special needs
- Charter Members of the International Combat Hapkido Federation
- Charter Members of the Independent Taekwondo Association
- Members of MAIA (Martial Arts Industry Association)
- Current Criminal Clearances, State and Federal
- Unique abilities to focus on each individual student
- Continually update their own training and level of education to bring their students the best in Martial Arts training
- Master Timothy Cook honorably served just over 20 years in the United States Air Force earning numerous awards and medals throughout his career
- Endless patience and a deep belief in ALL their students!
- Inducted into the World Karate Hall of Fame as Instructors of the Year-Taekwondo & Combat Hapkido 2010
- Inducted into The 2012 Legends of Martial Arts Hall of Fame as “Instructor of the Year”
- Inducted into the 2012 World Karate Union Hall of Fame as “Woman of the Year”
- Inducted into the 2012 World Karate Union Hall of Fame for “Outstanding Contribution to the Martial Arts by a Military Personnel”
- Featured in Taekwondo Times July 2012 issue as “Martial Artist of the Month June 2012”
- Provide Self Defense Seminars for Women & Children
- Master Jason Landaas, Owner/Chief Instructor-Self Defense America: Asheville, North Carolina. Master Landaas is who we accredit with allowing us to grow as Instructors for the many years we were under his watchful eye. Master Landaas is a two time inductee into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame as Master Instructor of the year among other impressive achievements.
- Grandmaster John Pellegrini, Founder of the International Combat Hapkido Federation and the Independent Taekwondo Association. Grandmaster Pellegrini serves as an inspiration to us and we are proud to be Instructing under his organizations, allowing us to continue to reach our own goals as Instructors and Martial Artists. You can read more about Grandmaster Pellegrini’s many achievements by going to: www.dsihq.com.
- Master Julius Melegrito, Founder of Philippine Martial Arts Alliance & Philippine Combatives System. We have had the honor of training under Master Melegrito several times and continue to be impressed with his movement and techniques used during his stick and knife seminars. We look forward to continuing to learn from Master Melegrito in the future! To learn more about Master Mellegrito and the Philippine Martial Arts Alliance go to: http://www.pmaa.info/about.asp.
- Master David Rivas, ICHF Founder & Director-Ground Survival Program
- Master Mark Gridley, ICHF Founder & Director-Anatomical Targeting Strategies Program (Pressure Points)
Leadership Team Members:
Our Leadership Members consist of positive, energetic, patient people that enjoy what they learn and take pride in their own training as well as assisting with the training of other students. Their Indomitable Spirit is a true example of what can be accomplished if you never give up!
- Mrs. Skinner-Instructor
Mrs. Skinner is a 2nd degree Black Belt with over 6 years of experience in the Martial Arts and has been with our school since we opened in March 2007. She demonstrates a positive can do attitude in all she does and has a never ending appetite to learn more and to help others. She is a patient, kind, and compassionate person who always has a smile for everyone. Her Indomitable Spirit shines and is apparent to all who meet her. The children look up to her and she is an inspiration to all the students!
- Mr. Cook-Instructor Trainee
Mr. Cook is a 2nd degree Black Belt with over 9 years experience & growth in the Martial Arts. He is always demonstrating confidence and never allows himself or those he teaches to give up! His inner strength continues to serve as an inspiration to both children and adults! He also excels in school and is well known for his compassion and belief in others. Mr. Cook has won numerous awards and trophy’s in tournaments and competitions and enjoys competing especially in Weapons, Forms, and Sparring. When not training in class, he enjoys skateboarding, music (rock), football, baseball, video games, drawing and anything outdoors.
- Ms. K. Ziegler
Ms. Ziegler has been training in Taekwondo for over 4 years and is a 1st degree Black Belt. She demonstrates a clear understanding of the techniques applied and has the ability to help others understand in a positive and supportive manner. She works hard at all she does and is a strong and compassionate role model inside the school and out. When not in class she can most likely be found writing (she is a published author!), sleeping, or swing dancing.
- Ms. B. Ziegler
Ms. Ziegler has over 4 years of training in Taekwondo and is a 1st degree Black Belt. She continually demonstrates a “can do” attitude that spreads to others and inspires them to be their best. She is a true example of someone who enjoys taking what they learn themselves in classes and applying it to help teach others. The students see Ms. Ziegler as we do as a positive role model who always strives to be her best. When not training she enjoys drawing (very talented artist!), reading, and being a part of Taekwondo.
- Mr. Lauer
Mr. Lauer is a 1st degree Black Belt and has been training in Taekwondo for over 4 years. He demonstrates a positive and respectful attitude and his focus is apparent to everyone around him. He is unafraid to ask questions when needed and truly listens and applies what he learns to himself first and then to others. He continues to serve as a great role model in class and out.
- Ms. Aryka Ms. Aryka is a red belt currently and is looking forward to testing for her Junior Black Belt in the near future. She loves to read and design clothing. She is a terrific role model and despite having a more quiet personality she loves to help others learn and reach their goals. She is naturally strong and talented and enjoys competing and has won several trophies at tournaments. She has an infectious smile and always does her best to brighten others days.